Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors
In anticipation of the new book I have coming out in January, Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors, I’m running a contest. For eight weeks, I will be posting on this blog a question about proofreading. The most interesting answer I get for each question will win a free copy of my book!
I will select several of the top answers I receive to be posted on my new website, www.ProofreadingSecrets.com, along with bios including links to the originators’ websites (with their permission, of course). These answers may also be used on my blog or other social-media venues.
I’ve already posted the first two questions:
- Why is it important for writers to carefully proofread their manuscripts?
- What proofreading methods have you found most useful to catch typos, inconsistencies, or inaccuracies in manuscripts?
Here’s the third question:
What resources have you found most helpful to discover and learn the industry-standard rules for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling?
To enter the contest:
In the body of the e-mail, type:
1. The question (with the question number)
2. Your answer (no word count minimum or maximum)
3. Your bio (100 words or so, including your name, what you write, where you’ve been published, any awards you’ve won, whether you are a best-selling author, and your website address)
Send as many different answers as you wish to as many of the eight questions as you wish. (Just don’t send the same answer more than once—no ballot-box stuffing, please!)
Feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.
Deadline to answer any or all of the questions is January 15, 2014.
Winners will be announced by the end of January.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me with “PS Contest” (NOT “PS Contest Entry) in the subject line.