SoCal Christian Writers’ Conference 2018
The second annual SoCal Christian Writers’ Conference was amazing. A LOT went into the preparation for it, but I had an incredible planning team who voluntarily gave of their time and talents to make this happen. And wow, did God ever bless it!
I’m having a great time reading the comments posted on the Facebook page for attendees. Here are just a few excerpts:
- This is a very low-key, friendly conference. A great choice if it’s your first writers’ conference.
- You will not find a more welcoming, supportive, encouraging group.
- I adored the conference. I’m marinating in so much of what I gleaned. The relationships I formed feel like life-long friends. The worship cannot be described. I learned so much from so many and witnessed God’s encouragement and empowerment. I’m so glad THIS was my first conference. I’m hooked!
- [My friend] and I laughed and learned our way through the conference.
- I had an incredibly impacting three days. The main sessions were anointed, the worship was sweet, the workshops were helpful, the appointments were encouraging and insightful, and the attendees friendly and inclusive. I am refreshed and motivated.
- It was an amazing conference! I learned so much from all the faculty.
- I think the most meaningful thing for me, besides all I’ve been learning that is leaving my head spinning, is the genuine approachability of the faculty.
- It was evident by all the conversations and sharing going on that God was orchestrating big things.
- Many divine appointments. My soul is refreshed!
This is what makes all the preparation work worthwhile.
I’d like to extend a deeply heartfelt word of gratitude to my core planning team (or, as Lori Twitchell calls us, the “trifecta”):
Susan Beatty, my illustrious assistant director
Sandra Barela, my incredible planning team coordinator
This conference could not possibly happen if I didn’t have these women working closely with me. They are very gracious with me, they make the planning enjoyable, and the value of their friendship is incalculable.
Under Sandy’s fantastic direction, we had a wonderful team of coordinators for this year’s conference:
Sami Abrams, appointments coordinator
Carol Allwood, transportation and sponsorship coordinator
Denise Barela, special activities coordinator
Rebecca Bruner, web coordinator
Denise Colby, social media coordinator
Xochi Dixon, prayer coordinator
Deb Gruelle, bookstore coordinator
Jeanette Hanscome, welcome coordinator
Aleigha Israel, registration coordinator
Elisa Joulifan, lodging coordinator
Linda Matchett, newsletter coordinator
Keri Spring, faculty coordinator
Kara Swanson, conferee communications
Lori Twitchell, marketing coordinator
Julie Williams, creative coordinator
Almost all of those coordinators had assistants who helped out in a variety of ways. I am so grateful to everyone who had a hand in making this year’s conference such a wonderful and Spirit-filled event.
If you attended the conference, I hope you’ll post about your experiences with the hashtag #SoCalCWC.
If you’re interested in attending the third annual SoCal Christian Writers’ Conference, keep an eye on the website, www.SoCalCWC.com, and our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/socalcwc, for announcements of details such as dates, location, faculty, and program.
If you’re interested in helping with the preparation for next year’s conference, please use the Contact page of the website, www.SoCalCWC.com, and let us know where your areas of expertise and passion lie.
Hope to see you in 2019!