Author Scavenger Hunt – Part 1
The Christian Authors Network is having an online scavenger hunt that starts next Sunday, July 17, and I will be one of the participating authors. This is my first online scavenger hunt, and it sounds really exciting!
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- On July 17, twenty-six CAN members will host one another on their individual blogs. Each post will contain a short key phrase. The phrases will be clearly marked in the blogs, but you’ll need to read the posts to find the phrases.
- You’ll start on the CAN contest page, http://christianauthorsnetwork.com/newreleases/. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. EST on July 17, you can click the link on that page for details, including the list of authors and their blog sites. (The first phrase for the scavenger hunt is on that contest page: It’s “CAN is.”)
- Hop from the first blog post to the next and continue through to the last one, looking for those key phrases. String the phrases together in the order in which the blogs are listed on the contest page.
- Once you have the complete sentence, send it to Darlene Franklin, the Scavenger Hunt coordinator, using the form at http://christianauthorsnetwork.com/newreleases/. This will enter you into a contest where you could win the grand prize of 26 free books, one from each participating CAN author!
- Some of the participating CAN authors will be featuring additional prizes or giveaways on their individual blogs.
Here’s what you’ll get out of this scavenger hunt:
- You’ll meet 26 Christian Authors Network members on their personal blogs.
- You’ll get fresh insights into all these authors and learn more about their writing.
- You could win the grand prize of 26 free books!
- Even if you don’t win the grand prize, you could win one of the authors’ individual giveaways.
The scavenger hunt will run from July 17–23. Entries must be received by 11:59 PST on July 23.
The grand-prize winner will be announced on July 25. (Due to international regulations and postage fees, prizes will be awarded to US residents only. Individual contests within the hunt may vary, so please read the rules presented with each giveaway.)
I hope you’ll get in on this fun, exciting scavenger hunt!
If you’ve done something like this before, please feel free to share about that experience here.