Critiques at the CEC
In addition to being a “matchmaking” service for authors and editors, the Christian Editor Connection offers overall critiques of proposals, sample chapters, or complete manuscripts for a set fee with a thirty-day turnaround.
Why is a professional critique valuable?
- A professional proposal critique will greatly enhance your chances of acceptance by a commercial publisher.
- A professional chapter critique will give you practical ideas on how to write or revise your entire manuscript.
- A professional manuscript critique will help make your book the best it can be, no matter which publishing option you choose.
- A professional critique will give you a distinct advantage in today’s competitive book-publishing market.
What is included in a critique?
- feedback on the commercial marketability of the concept
- input on the overall tone of the writing
- ideas for what to add and what to take out or shorten
- a detailed evaluation of your writing strengths and weaknesses
- encouraging comments on what’s working
- personalized suggestions for improvement
- assistance in applying professional writing techniques
- formatting tips
- practical ideas for how to polish your writing
- an analysis of whether this book would be better suited for independent publishing rather than commercial publication, and why
- suggestions for helping you determine the right publishers/agents to submit to
If you are interested in getting a critique from the Christian Editor Connection, go to www.christianeditor.com, click on the Critiques tab, and fill out the Critique Request Form.