Proofreading Secrets Contest Winners
In anticipation of the January 31 release of my new book, Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors, I held a contest last November and December.
Each week during the PS Contest, I posted a question about proofreading. The most interesting answer I got for each question won a free copy of my new book!
The eight proofreading questions were:
1. Why is it important for writers to carefully proofread their manuscripts?
2. What proofreading methods have you found most useful to catch typos, inconsistencies, or inaccuracies in manuscripts?
3. What resources have you found most helpful to discover and learn the industry-standard rules for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling?
4. What interesting or amusing typos have you found in your own writing before it was published?
5. What typos have you (or your readers) found in your writing after publication?
6. What punctuation rules do you struggle with the most?
7. What grammar rules do you find most confusing?
8. What spelling/usage problems have you encountered in your writing?
Congratulations to the winners!
Wendy Griffin Anderson
Linda Bonney Olin
In celebration of the book’s release, I am hosting a giveaway throughout this month. If you help get the word out about my new book, you will be entered to win one of the four prizes below:
Prize #1: Three hours of proofreading with Kathy ($150 value)
Prize #2: Scholarship to the Christian PEN editor convention, “Keys to Successful Freelance Editing,” April 23-24, 2014 in Southern California, http://
Prize #3: Barnes & Noble gift card ($50 value)
Prize #4: Amazon gift card ($25 value)
For more information on the giveaway, visit the Proofreading Secrets Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ProofreadingSecrets and the Giveaway Event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/662029780502724.
This giveaway will be open throughout the month of February. Winners will be announced by March 15.